Investing in video games


Find more game projects on our investor portal.

AS AN INVESTOR, YOU RECEIVE A PORTION OF THE REVENUE GENERATED FROM SPECIFIC VIDEO GAME PROJECTS OVER A FIVE-YEAR PERIOD.

INVESTOR SERVICES & QUALITY ASSURANCE

We take a conscientious approach to our investor partnerships, helping investors navigate and achieve financial success in a lucrative industry.


Education  We work diligently to educate investors on the video game sector, the strategy behind our financial model and our publishing process.


Accredited Community  We limit investment opportunities to those who qualify as accredited (US), sophisticated (UK) or otherwise eligible (EU/Can) investors in their country of legal residence. Find out more


Project Management  We find and fund video game projects from the most promising developers, establish development goals, manage milestone payments and guide the developer through all stages of the project.


Communication  We frequently update our investor community throughout project development to bolster involvement and instill complete confidence in our investments.


Investor Dashboard  Use a simple online platform to complete all investment transactions and monitor individual investment performance. You can learn about Good Shepherd’s video game projects, view financial projections, choose the games in which you’d like to invest and review the investment terms. Our team is always available to answer questions or discuss projects.

Track Record

  • 100% of our projects have been completed and successfully released to market
  • Majority of projects have been profitable within one year of release
  • Projects that have not recouped investor capital are projected to becoming profitable within the investment term
  • Our portfolio of titles that have been in the market for at least one year has a current profit of approximately 30%
  • Our global investor network is growing and the vast majority of investors have been repeat investors

INVESTOR BENEFITS

Short Term  We only open game projects to investor capital toward the mid-point of the development cycle, decreasing the gap between investment and return.


Preferred Return  To lower risk and encourage reinvestment, we give investors priority return on revenue generated after publication until 100% of your investment is paid back. Investors receive this initial payout approximately 90 days from the date a game is released for sale.


Fair Conditions  Our investment community invests in game projects under the same terms as Good Shepherd and its founding partners.


Proportional Payouts  After the preferred return for investors is satisfied in full, proportional payments are split between developers, investors and Good Shepherd. Typically, developers receive approximately 60% of the proportional payout. Investors and the publisher split the remaining 40% based on project size and publisher costs. We make investor payouts on a quarterly basis over a five-year term, or the lifetime of the game.

New investment vehicle a good shepherd for indie game producers

  • http://www.banklesstimes.com
  • October 16, 2017
  • Tony Zerucha
New investment vehicle a good shepherd for indie game producers

Read Post

Denver DreamHack selects Milanoir and Outreach as finalists for Indie Playground.

  • October 09, 2017
  • Good Shepherd
Denver DreamHack selects Milanoir and Outreach as finalists for Indie Playground.

Read Post